Well this year I seem to be pretty on top of buying my gifts, this has got to be a first.
I have just a couple of sticky gifts left. You know, the ones where you simple can’t come up with something a little unique or appropriate for the person in question.
There are many so many sites and shops all vying for our money this Christmas and if you are anything like my husband you will not even have given Christmas a thought yet, let alone coming up with a meaningful unique gift for that someone special. In his case me!
So while I was looking for something a bit different but meaningful for my special group of friends and family I decided to help him out to see what these shopping sites can offer that would be well received but without breaking the bank.
- Forbes.com had a lot of lovely techie and kitchen ideas but not what I though right for me or my lot.
- myfavouritemagazines.co.uk is offering the standard fall back of a magazine subscription. OK but not unique in any way is it?
- Stores are suggesting that a last minute gift could be a box of chocolates – To me that smacks of really not having thought about the person at all, a mindless gift unless given by a child.
- buzzfeed suggest several under $36 gifts mmmm worth another look, some rather different stuff there.
- lastminute.com has tons of nice experiences and gifts, some outrageously expensive for me but I did find a lovely experience for my sister… Making her own fragrance and naming it. Pretty unique!
- 1984.the-affair.com/ I also bumped into this crowdfunded site and what I think is a really unique gift of an Unpocket, which makes phones and cards untrackable and unhackable. The only problem being it won’t be ready for Christmas, so maybe I’ll have to resort to the chocolates after all with a promissory token attached!!
- flipping4profit.com Finally one site I have also used is to give a gift that will keep on giving, that being an investment. In this case its a chance to join some crowd investors to create profit from real estate.
So there are some fun unique gifts out there. good luck with your festive shopping.
Now I’ve found something for everyone, I’m going to retreat with my new Headspace app and relax.
Go well till the next time